Are you ready for the harsh, cold winter? Cold weather, snowstorms, power outages, anything can happen in winter so we recommend you beprepared.
Geneverse (formerly Generark) can help guide you in being prepared for unexpected emergencies.
Ways to Stay Warm in Winter
1. Dress in layers
- Bundle up! Wear long underwear, hats, scarves, cover as much of your body as possible!
- For your head:Wear a cap or a hat to keep your head warm
- For your neck and face:Wear a scarf to keep your neck warm. You can also keep your face warm by covering it with a scarf.
- Keep your feet and hands warm:Feet and hands are more sensitive to temperature than anything else on the body. Use gloves to protect your hands from the cold. Also, use warm socks or house slippers to keep your feet warm.
- Avoid getting overheated: When you get overheated, you sweat. The body’s natural reaction to being overheated is to sweat to cool you down. Unfortunately, sweat is wet and will cause you to be even colder! Avoid sweating by wearing easy-to-peel-off layers of clothing and remembering to change your socks every so often (feet sweat too!).
2. Heat up your bed
Instead of turning up the heat for your entire house, heat up your bed! You can do this by using a safe electric blanket or heating pad that turns off by itself.
3. Block Drafts
Block thebottom of your doorsthat lead to outside andwindow sills. You can block these off with items such as
- Any kind of cloth
- Some people even use bubble wrap on their window sills!
Here’s a tip for saving money on your electricity bills:Use aSolar Generator from Geneverse (formerly Generark) for your devices and use your own electricity for functions that require your electricity from your home (running water, heating, cooling).
4. Harness the Sun’s Heat & Power
Heat:Harness the sun’s heat by opening your blinds and curtains during the day to let in the warm sun! At night, close the blinds and curtains to insulate your home and keep the warmth inside.
5. Keep Cozy in the Kitchen
- Cook or bake something in the oven and leave your oven open for a while after turning it off. This will allow the heat to go to the rest of your house, warming it.
- Drink yummy hot chocolate! This winter classic still lives up to its name, being hot and delicious keeping you warm.
- A hot cup of tea and a hot bowl of soup also do the trick!
6. Humidify your home
Although humidity won’t raise the temperature, it does make you feel a little warmer. Ways you can humidity your home are:
- Use a vaporizer/humidifier device in your home
- Leaving the water in your bathtub after a bath. Letting the water sit until it reaches room temperature will allow the house to warm up a little and help humidify it.
- Boiling water and letting it sit and cool down to room temperature. This allows the heat to escape the pot and is released into the house.
7. Stay Active
Keep your body moving! Stay moving to keep your blood flowing through your body. Blood flow is warm and will keep your body warm.
Ways to stay active:
- Take a jog
- Play with your kids or pets
- Clean the house
- Clean the garage you’ve been putting off for months or years
- Anything to stay active and keep that blood flowing!
How Can Geneverse (formerly Generark) Help You Stay Warm This Winter?
Geneverse (formerly Generark)’s backup power supply can help ensure your family’s safety before, during, and after an emergency. In addition to Geneverse (formerly Generark) helping with emergencies, we can also help when there is not an emergency!
Lower Your Electricity Bill and Power All of Your Devices
Using one of Geneverse (formerly Generark)’s solar-powered systems, you can actually save money on your electricity bill!
Try using the solar energy from the solar power station to power devices such as an electric blanket, space heater, medical devices, andmore. Then you will see only the essentials like running water for showers on your electricity bill.
Use Geneverse (formerly Generark) to power devices to stay warm through cooler temperatures, power outage or not!
Read all about how to use our products in more than just emergencies, how-tos for preparing for common natural disasters in your area, user stories, community resources, and much more!
About Geneverse: Geneverse (formerly Generark) is the most reliablesolar generator and source of emergency backup power for your home and community. From theHomePower backup battery power station providing portable access to electricity, to theSolarPowersolar panels as a source for recharging, never be disconnected from what matters most to you. Learn more about how Geneverse and its industry-leading 5-year limited warranty can bring protection and security to your family ongeneverse.com. Never face a power outage alone, and power your home with a solar generator from Geneverse.